Tuesday 8 March 2011

Getaway

How appropriate to schedule this post while I am, in fact, away!  I won the January Sketch Challenge over at Sarah's Cards Blog and part of the pay-back was to produce a page for their March Sketch Challenge. Hopefully it went live yesterday March 7th!

Here you go: another page from my Egyptian Adventure last November, made from my February Counterfeit Kit.


I wanted the photos to be the same size so I had to crop them square as one was portrait and one landscape, but I matted them with different colours to emphasise the contrast in content.  Title alphas are cut with Sizzlits Go Go Boots dies.

Having had the drop on the sketch for this challenge I'm really looking forward to seeing what Sarah's DT and the rest of the bunch make of it!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Love the arrows at the bottom and I want that font!!

Sian said...

What a fab contrast you got going with those two photos - the same size, but one dull and rainy and one warm and sunny. That tells a story all on its own!

humel said...

That is good timing! Hope you're having a great time away right now :-)

Love the contrast between the two pics. Also love the arrows, the stitching, the alphas.... OK, love the layout!!

Mary B said...

Super Page Jemma love the contrast and perfect timing too :D

alexa said...

Those arrows are perfect and love your colourway!