Tuesday 20 November 2012

Wet & Windy

Layout detail - paper windmill
It's wet and windy today which reminded me of a page I did a while back as J for Julie's A-Z.  At least I can stay indoors today, but back in 2002 we were all hoping to celebrate the Queen's Golden Jubilee with a street party so wet and windy was most unwelcome!

We started the day dry ... and it was certainly warm enough to wear shorts and T-shirts ...
Layout - Party Jubilations LHS - Jimjams

... but shortly after the children had polished off their food ... the heavens opened, giving everyone a good soaking.  We even had hail!

LAYOUT - Party Jubilations RHS - Jimjams

I've used a Sketch Support travel sketch, various Papermania Portobello Road papers and some Bo Bunny Christmas alphas :o)

Double Layout - Party Jubilations 2002 - Jimjams

The story of the day was blogged one Sunday in June back when this year's Diamond Jubilee celebrations were in full swing.

9 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Oh lovely - I like the clouds and pinwheels. Remember that story too.

Got some of that paper free with a mag I bought to read on the train, squirrelled it away but haven't thought what to use it for.

Thought that the train companies were relying on bikes/horses funny - Wookie assures me the railway was its own little world ;)

scrappyjacky said...

Love these pages.....the christmas alpha works perfectly.

Mary B said...

I thought I had posted but it isn't here
Great DLO love the blue dotted clouds and the button check sun and this is a lovely way to display all these special photos

alexa said...

Here's another who enjoyed especially the sun and the spotted clouds - lovely! Let's hope tomorrow is better :).

Melissa said...

Great double page layout & patriotic colors!

humel said...

I love that this is clearly a double layout, not two separate layouts with the same theme :) How cute are those clouds?!

Alison said...

Great LO..love the alphas....hope it's a bit drier now!
Alison xx

Sandie said...

Lovely pages. I've not posted about the Jubilee either yet - glad I am in good company!
It's been very wet and windy here today. Sadly I had a favourite tree blow over :(

Susanne said...

Very jubilant party pages, Jemma! I'm glad that your patriotic colors are my patriotic colors - makes scraplifting easier (wink!).