Tuesday 30 September 2014

Final Scavenger Shots

I was a bit disappointed with myself as Rinda's Scavenger Hunt drew to a close ... too many last-minute photos and too little time :-(

Here are the final two shots that I managed; neither are particularly remarkable; both were taken in my local town: the pedestrian precinct in the town centre:

Jimjams - Scavenger Hunt #19 Public Garden
#6 An Urban Street Scene
and the landscaped gardens around the war memorial on my way to work:

Jimjams - Scavenger Hunt #19 Public Garden
#19 A Public Garden
Despite a large Polish population in the town and several shops catering for them, I somehow didn't manage to get a photo of a sign in a foreign language (#16) and there were certainly no jugglers (#15) spotted.  A mascot (#12) seemed impossible and I never had a camera in my hand near a horn (#11). I didn't even manage to snap the substitute bird house (in my Mum's garden) all summer!

Still that's not a bad haul out of 21 objects, and I have had immense fun interpreting the prompts on my trips to Scotland and Derbyshire - plus I loved seeing all the fellow scavengers photos around the world.

If I include this attempt at a sort of sunrise one sleepless July night ...


#13 Sunrise
... and combine my holiday hunt with my everyday hunt, I did, in fact, manage the lot which isn't so disappointing after all! :-)

6 comments:

helena said...

well done on the sunrise

Lesley G said...

Well done - now if that dumb phone was smart!!!!

scrappyjacky said...

The very last one that I got was the sign welcoming people to my town!!

alexa said...

Well done on snapping the whole lot! I especially enjoyed your Derbyshire ones ...

Missus Wookie said...

Well done on getting them all - isn't it odd how we put off some rather easy shots?

Anonymous said...

i wanted to do two sets - home and away but I too ended up needing both to complete the set.