Sunday 28 September 2014

Spot The Horse

A few weeks ago saw the third Bloggers' Weekend, when I met up with some lovely fellow scrappers for a few days of cutting and sticking.  Our first get-together was back in November 2011 and I told the story of meeting up near Ironbridge here.  Our reunion (with a couple of new faces to make up for missing some of the original Telford Ten) happened in March 2013, and this year it fell to me to organise the third get-together.

Jimjams - photo - Bloggers' Feet 2014

Each time we've met, Ruth has challenged us to bring a set of "items" for  everyone else to include in a project ... so this year there were 12 random objects to be added to a page ... can you spot a flair badge, some scraps of silk and cotton fabric, a plastic key-ring, a heart-shaped button and bead, a brad, a paper tag, some baker's twine, a wood veneer cat, heart and horse?

Jimjams - Layout - Mercat Ghost Tour

Stuck?! Sketch - September 1st 2014The page is based on the September 1st sketch from Stuck! Sketches which was perfect for including so many elements (though I moved the journalling and split my title) and ties in with the autumnal September House Challenge over on UKSCrappers.  My bag of red paper scraps is a lot emptier now!

Not all of my objects matched my colour scheme, so I got inky and messy with the tag, the wooden heart and the cat.  I chopped the heart-shaped bead in two and coloured it and the button with a black Sharpie.  Meanwhile the orange cotton found its way inside the keyring fob and some silk helped cover up the brad. 

Jimjams - Layout detail - altered items, including decapitated horse
Are you still looking for the horse?  A careful decapitation and quadruple leg amputation transformed it into to a (blood-stained) arrow!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow such gorgeous layers. Love all the punched edges. So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

Margie said...

Beautiful!

Sian said...

Wow, twelve objects on one page..fiendishly done (I think the subject of the page suggested that word to me..)

scrappyjacky said...

You did an amazing job of including all the items....great page.

Missus Wookie said...

poor horse! Lovely page and good :)

Chidkid said...

All cleverly done! Poor horse though!

Lesley G said...

No wonder I couldn't find the horse.
Fabulous layout with some very straight punching ;)

Sandra said...

I was looking hard for the horse, and no I wouldn't have ever found it, if you had said. Sounds like you had an fun time

Susanne said...

What a fun challenge. I hope it was a very small scissors you used on that very small horse.

Tracy P said...

How fun! I love how you fit all your items into your layout as you followed our sketch. Very nice! Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Such a great page!!!

furrypig said...

well done on winning the Stuck prize!! Obviously it was the 12 things challenge that helped lol xxx

alexa said...

Having seen this one as it happened, I am still amazed by your creativity!