Tuesday 9 September 2014

Zoom In Zoom Out #36

Another last minute ZIZO from me - just in time to join in with Helena's 36th week.  Hubby and I generally go for a walk around the village on a Sunday - it's a chance to chat quietly, get some fresh air, admire nature and get some exercise. 

Part of our route takes us through a very large field which this year is planted with corn ... of the maize variety!  It's prettier than we see in the greengrocers, with purple outer leaves and yellow tufts.  I think it's for cattle fodder rather than human consumption.

Jimjams - ZIZO 36 - Cornfields

It's interesting to watch the crops grow week by week and always a shock to find that they've been harvested all of a sudden.  This week we picked blackberries from the hedgerows along the way.  I should have taken photos of my stained fingers - maybe next week's ZIZO?

7 comments:

helena said...

lovely colours and I agree it is satisfying to watch a crop grow and change

Lesley G said...

Beautiful colours indeed! The ZI looks like a party hat :)

alexa said...

They look wonderfully exotic - hard to believe they are growing in the UK. Great close-ups.

alexa said...

They look wonderfully exotic - hard to believe they are growing in the UK. Great close-ups.

Anonymous said...

love the super zoom in shot on the corn silk

Sian said...

I can't help coming over all Little House on the Prairie, looking at this.

I'm hoping I'm not too late for blackberries here and will find some at the weekend

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great photos! They've been cutting hay & gathering corn for a couple weeks here now.