Wednesday 1 April 2015

Starting With A Single Sheet

Jimjams - March CKCB Kit detailAnother month, another kit to copy.  Welcome to April's Master Forger Blog Hop ... did you reach me from our Guest Forger Sharon?  If not, the start of the kit reveal hop is published on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today.

Not heard of the CKCB before?  Trust me it's a great way to use your existing supplies to make kits that are easy to use ... because you pick them yourself, using inspiration from an existing kit!  Very good value for money too i.e. generally zero if you have a well-stocked scrappy cupboard!

This month we're starting with Elsie & Emma's March Messy Box which looks like this:

Jimjams - April CKCB Kit to Copy - March Messy Box

Lots of black and white and orange and teal, some dots and stripes ... and not one thing that I can match exactly from my supplies!  I knew that I had some bright papers and some black & white supplies, but when I spotted this sheet I decided it had lots of black and white and orange and teal, some dots and stripes ... and it was the perfect start to my kit:

Jimjams - CKCB Starting Point

At the CKCB we have no rules about how closely you match the original, nor how you take inspiration from the Kit-to-Copy, just as long as you use up supplies.  So here's what I'll be scrapping with this month ... stash to match that single sheet starting point!

Jimjams - April 2015 Counterfeit Kit

Supplies:
Ringtoss from Prima Marketing's Dude Collection (orange floral reverse)
Heringbone/Orange, Looking Good, Boutique Stripes/Green (from Simple Stories DIY Boutique)
Echo Park's About A Boy 4x6 Journalling Cards (the teal patterned reverse is shown)
Ad Lib Hoopla by Bo Bunny Back To Basics (yellow, teal, lime circles reverse)
Basic Grey Colour Me Silly alphabet stickers
Delight fabric Thickers
Simple Stories Sn@p! Studio lime mini alphabets
Some ampersands from a Simple Stories' Outside The Box sheet
DIY Clear Stickers by Simple Stories
Q&Co and WRMK Washi tapes
Some American Crafts Flair

As usual I'll add cardstock as I need it - and no doubt there'll be a few other additions from my regular stash depending on the photos.

Julene is next on the tour for scrappy kit inspiration and the CKCB has the full tour if you get lost.  Don't forget to check back there on the 4th for detailed forgeries from the inspiration kit.

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Now that is a great way to start making your kit. I have to admit that when I first saw the kit my mind went totally blank knowing that I have nothing like the original kit. But combining the colours and patterns you saw in the kit on one piece of paper is perfect and has created a great kit. So you! This is going to be a great month - I can feel it :-)

Angela Toucan said...

what a lovely paper to start from, I like it a lot. My son and I could play with your kit quite nicely together.
Have fun scrapbooking with it.
Bless you.

Margie said...

Great kit-I love that Simple Stories paper! Very pretty!

Julene Matthews said...

Fantastic! Bright,colourful,interesting.All good ingredients for a CKC kit.
I like your ampersands.Must remember that for future months.

Susanne said...

I like the succinctness of your kit - so very well coordinated. And I'm getting a crush on those ampersands just seeing so many of them.

Candyj said...

Love how you chose a single paper to jump start your forage. It's beautiful and I love everything about your kit! I've known about CKC for some time....it takes me a while but I'm jumping in and getting my feet wet. Whoo hoo!!!

Clair said...

As always, I'm in awe at your ability to make every kit suit your own tastes! So bright and zingy!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I have been so curious to see how the rest of the DT would interpret this kit - that paper is a FAB starter! So much to love in there. We should have a very colorful Linky this month!

sassyscrapper said...

It just takes one spark of inspiration to get you going and the paper you chose ignited your kit. Loving that grey houndstooth piece with the pops of color. A well assembled kit that is sure to yield some awesome layouts. Well done, Jemma!

Tina Campbell said...

Oh I like what you pulled for your kit :)Love how you used the one sheet to create your kit too that is so fun :)

Sharon said...

I absolutely love all your orange and lime green. Both my favorite colors. Can't wait to see what you scrap with it.

Melissa said...

This looks like a FUN kit - great job creating from that one page starting point!

Susan said...

I like how you built your kit around that first sheet but still really captured the flavor of the Messy Box kit. Looking forward to seeing your layouts this month.

alexa said...

I am loving that bright lime green ... Looks great for Spring.

Maggie said...

love the bright, citrus vibe!

Anonymous said...

I notice that you failed to see the pink ;)
It's s lovely bright kit - just up my street.

Missus Wookie said...

Love the green and teal and orange combo. Such bright zingy colours :)

Julie H said...

loving your colour scheme and all those ampersands